Our Service Terms & Conditions (T&C) are as follows for mould.net.au and these share all of the key T&C’s as used by our parent Company, Biological Health Services (BHS). A summary of the key T&C’s used by mould.net.au include all of the following but are not limited to:
1. mould.net.au has a policy and procedure for promoting scientific integrity. Scientific integrity refers to maintaining the quality and objectivity of the inspection and analytical tasks involved with indoor air quality and associated microbiological or other investigations. It is important that such results are written up so they are ethical, sound and worthy of the public’s confidence. All reports are therefore premised on a commitment to sound, objective science where findings are objective, credible, unbiased and transparent. Requests to fabricate, falsify or omit information or alter reports or data will not be tolerated and will be immediate grounds for contract termination on the grounds of client misconduct. We will also not abridge findings, conclusions or recommendations into "short summaries" for clients and the formatting of reports is designed to faithfully detail all quantitative data and results and show how they were interpreted.
2. The client agrees to indemnify mould.net.au and keep mould.net.au indemnified against any loss, damage (including special or consequential loss or damage), costs (including legal fees), expenses, demands or liability for any claim by a third party or parties as a result of or arising from the client's use of the BHS report/interim findings/opinions or recommendations/implementation or scope of works other than in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
3. Nothing in this agreement constitutes either party (mould.net.au or client) a partner agent, employee or representative of the other party or creates any trust, association or partnership at law or for any purpose whatsoever nor do the parties intend that their activities under this service terms agreement or other social linkage constitute a business, financial operation or venture.
4. Copyright to written reports remains with the author. Full payment to written material and reports is required before release to client for practical use.
6. Reports are generally delivered approx. 3-4 business weeks after inspection and data/sample collection or sample delivery to our office and the time-frame for report delivery depends on volume of current work and other factors such as the urgency of results and their implications. Your patience is appreciated.
7. In the event that any written report we have already supplied to the client requires formatting modifications for other audiences, then such modifications and additions are charged at an hourly rate (example: Expert Evidence submissions).
8. All samples (swabs, direct samples, air-o-cell, tape-lifts, or any other matter for analysis) is only accepted on delivery at our Head Office (Level 1, 459 Toorak Rd, Toorak, VIC, 3142) address within normal business hours (8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri). No samples will be accepted at our lab address, which is a secure P1/2 facility for staff only. A chain of custody form must be completed for all samples accepted at our Head Office. Chain of custody forms will, be supplied electronically on request. All samples must be lawfully obtained.
9. Mail order lab tests will be shipped via Australia Post as quickly as practicable after order receipt. There may be a delay of up to 5 working days in the event that stocks of fresh petri plate media are required. Although we maintain ample reserves, from time to time, we may run low, and only send out petri plate media that is within its use-by date. Your patience is appreciated. With the COVID-19 pandemic, we may have supply chain delays which are unavoidable and we apologize for any extra delays that may occur that are beyond our control.
10. Mail order lab tests (mould.net.au) must be promptly returned within a reasonable time frame expected for environmental microbiology samples that is normally 7-days by the client for analysis after receipt. If the mail-order testing services (perishable items/test media) are canceled after the testing kits have been shipped out or collected, please note that no refunds are provided.
11. You MUST use the kit within one (1) week of arrival. Petri plate nutrient media is like a foodstuff and will go off over time. In the event you do not use the kit promptly, you may need to re-order a new kit. We do not supply new plates if you have not used the test supplies promptly after delivery.
12. This website or documents arising from our lab inspections or other consulting services for you, the client, may contain general information about medical conditions and treatments. This information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. It is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. You must not rely on information on this website or in documentation we provide to you as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website or arising from documentation or verbal statements we may provide to you.
13. Consumer rights principles are important to us, and in the event that you experience a problem, please contact us to discuss. Unresolved disputes will proceed to mediation as required for resolution.
14. All biological samples will be autoclaved after analysis or disposed of as biological waste or in some cases may be stored permanently as reference cultures or viable and/or non-viable cultures/samples having biotechnological or other intellectual property significance. The client acknowledges that all biological environmental samples from the time of sample acquisition become the property of Biological Health Services and that the client agrees to waive all current and future rights to ownership of any isolated cell lines or biological material components. These isolates are added to the Biobank and may be used for research or other commercial purposes.
15. Social engagement and education (also known as #edtech) is an important component of our customer service efforts. We reserve the right to take photographs, video and audio during any aspect of our work on any jobsite and engage with any persons we may interact with during the course of our work and you acknowledge that we may share these without notification to you on various different social media platforms.
16. This is not a full or complete list of our Service Terms & Conditions and the client acknowledges that any printed Service Terms on brochures, flyers, or similar may be an abridged version of this primary list and that you have understood, accepted and agreed to all such terms and conditions. Our main website should be consulted for an up to date set of service terms and conditions.